We respect the privacy of its Users and keeps any data collected strictly confidential. Data submitted to the Site is collected, managed and retained by us. By using the Site, you accept and agree to abide by these terms. If you do not accept them, you agree not to use the Site.
Unless stated otherwise, this document only deals with the use and communication of data collected by us. The provisions do not apply to the use and communication of your personal data to third parties, whether they are owners or renters, on our site or on others, to whom you may communicate these details to them.
- Privacy and Data Collection
To provide you with the best possible service it is important for us to store your personal data. You are welcome to browse the Site without registering. However, if you wish to access any of our Services, and list or rent Items you must register and provide us with Personal Information. The Personal Information we collect may include:
- Facebook account, email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as rental activity, Content you generate or that relates to your Account);
- community discussions, forum discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence sent to us, and communications otherwise transmitted through the Site;
- other information from your interaction with our Site, Services, Content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating Site Policies;
- Cookies (to improve navigation by remembering information entered, such as passwords) Cookies are generally small temporary files stored on your hard disk and usually remain only for the duration of your session.
- Any optional information requested is clearly indicated as such on the online registration form.
Under no circumstances will this information be divulged to a third party or organization without the express permission of the Member concerned. Ratings of Owners by the renter (or vice versa), including the ratings of Items for rent, are stored to maximize the efficiency of the Site and to improve interaction of its Members.
- Personal Data: Modification and Access
You have the right to access, modify and/or delete data about yourself by going to your member’s area and modify your profile directly online.
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to manage our Services in putting Owners and Renters in contact with one another while maintaining a safe, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your Personal Information to:
- provide the Services and support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure and improve our Services and Content;
- tell you about our Services and those of our affiliates and partners, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties
- Data We Share
We don’t sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services, Content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference in your Account or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement. We guarantee to never pass on or sell to any third parties personal Personal Information and/or coordinates which could be used to identify you personally.
We may disclose Personal Information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our Policies, respond to claims that a Rental Listing or other Content violates the Policies or the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your Personal Information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your Personal Information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose any information relevant to the investigation.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Members’ Information Shared On The Site
Our Members are identified on the Site by user name/alias, which can be modified at any time in the Member Account. Their Items, and ratings, and rough location are viewable by other Users, whether or not those Users are Members. This enables Users to search for Items and contact others through the Site Item searches, as well as contact between Members.
Similarly, certain Personal Information (e.g. confirmation of Rental Request, Rental Location, email address, and phone number) will be passed on to the Renter or Owner by us once a Reservation Request is accepted, to facilitate rental transactions between members.
Personal data obtained by a Member via the Site can only be used for your activity on the Site and/or for any other usage to which the Member concerned has expressly consented. The sending of unwanted messages from one member to another is strictly forbidden.
- Password and Security
Your password and email address are the keys to your account. Any act carried out using your password and your e-mail address is entirely your own responsibility. Therefore, for the protection of you, others, and us, you agree not to disclose this information to anyone. If you do share your password or your Personal Information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password via your Member login area.
If you receive an e-mail asking you to update information such as passwords, credit card number or alias, do not reply, and contact us. If your password has been given to a third party, you should immediately change it via your Member login area.
We do our utmost to make communications and data storage secure to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no such thing as zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your personal data.
- Notification and Modification